LIFE | A Walk Down Marriage Lane

Monday, July 4, 2016

There is a photo challenge circulating on Facebook where you share, side by side, the first photo and the most recent photo of you and your significant other. It's a sweet way to see how far you have come. And it got me thinking.

As I flipped through FB photos and pictures saved on old, nearly obsolete flash drives, it made me sad...

Not sad as in my life is pitiful and pathetic, but more like sad...that time is passing so quickly. We have met and married, we have lived such a full life together already. We have shared the amazing blessing of having a child and the extreme privilege of watching him grow up. We have a five year old. A FIVE YEAR OLD. We have loved and fought and supported each other and we have clung tightly together through sadness, illness and even the loss of loved ones.

As we come up on our 7th wedding anniversary, I feel more terrified than ever. Maybe it's my anxiety speaking or who knows, maybe my thyroid is trying to tell me to adjust my meds, but I'm scared. I'm scared when things are going so well, that it could all be gone in a second.

I'm terrified I'll forget the moments that matter and that in a few short years, my son will be so grown up that he won't need me anymore.

I'm terrified because the things I value in my life mean EVERYTHING to me. And the even scarier thing is that I wouldn't change it for anything.

Being scared means I have things in my life worth having. It reminds me of the quote, "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" (yes, thats a Winnie the Pooh quote). I'm not saying goodbye to anything, but I feel like the quote applies. I feel so blessed to have the life I have.

So I'm going to sit and reminisce in this blog post about the life I have with my family and how blessed I feel to have them.






























No comments:

Post a Comment