HOME DECOR | Daydreaming About Fall in Florida

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I love fall. Fall is my FAVORITE season. Even though our Florida days are still sunshine-y and warm, our mornings and nights get just chilly enough to prompt light sweaters and steaming cups of hot chocolate. On especially nice nights, we get to have bonfires and pretend like we need the warmth. We get to enjoy the beaches and outdoors during the day, but we get to enjoy the crispness of the air when the sun goes down. Even though Florida fall is so nice, I wish I could enjoy a fall more like the northern states get. I wish I could see the trees change colors and then drop their leaves, where we can rake them up in piles to play in (There's no spiders in these piles, right? If there are, don't tell me.) Since we don't get natures fall color scheme, it is up to us to bring the fall decor into our homes and trick our minds into thinking we are experiencing a real fall season. I have been day dreaming about how I would set up my dream living room to reflect the season. So, ta-da!



Arhaus has these amazing sectional sofas that are literally the most comfortable couches ever. As a mom of one messy child and a dog who likes to rub around in dirt, I fantasize about having a white couch. Like, it's right up there on the bucket list: "Own a white couch." (Dream big, amiright??) Arhaus has such amazing decor, but per usual, this ends up being a situation where I get to create a mock up of how I would decorate my space if I suddenly became a millionaire. (Dream bigger, right?!)

I really love a good rustic, cozy look. A warm toned space, that has just the right amount of cool tones. Nothing too cool, nothing too warm. But it has to be cozy as hell, which of course is what the holidays seasons are all about! Struggling up together, watching holiday movies and enjoying the company of your loved ones. So you've got to have a pile of blankets. Have to.

Pillows are such an easy way to change up the decor in your home. I found these buffalo check pillows at Target and the "grateful hearts gather here" pillows are from Kitch Studios on Etsy. The buffalo check pattern is such a must this year for decor. (So hot right now)

You can also find some great fall signage in stores too. But you all know how much I love supporting my fellow Etsy sellers, so the fall sign featured is from Etsy seller, Liberty Island Farm.

And of course, you've got to incorporate some fall foliage. Not too much though, because you don't want it to look like fall threw up in your home. I always think a more subtle look is better when decorating for the holidays. Even better is when some pieces can transition into the winter season.

So, this is the look I would totally go for. Cozy, rustic, clean.

But you don't have to redo an entire room to bring fall into your home. Here are a few inexpensive items I found for you guys that will totally make your home seem more fall-ish! Everything below is under $50!



How are you decorating for fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment